Filet w/ Homemade Anchovy Butter
1 pint whipping cream
10 anchovy filets finely diced
1/2 t lemon juice
2 T finely diced parsley
Black cracked pepper
- Let your steaks rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pat them dry completely.
- Generously season your steaks on all sides with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Add olive oil to a castiron and heat to medium to high heat.
- Once pan starts smoking sear filets for 3 minutes on each side.The goal is to get a golden brown crust on the steaks.
- Finish them in the oven at 350 for another 5 minutes for medium rare steak.
- In a stand mixer add whipping cream and salt and beat until the cream breaks.
- Fold in chopped anchovies, lemon juice and parsley with a rubber spatula.
- Adjust salt as needed.
- Add spoonful of anchovy butter to fillets while they rest.