Salt Crusted Prime Rib
1 8-10 LB bone in prime rib roast
Ground black pepper
6 cups kosher salt
5 egg whites
- In a large mixing bowl whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Start adding salt 1 cup at a time until all 6 cups are incorporated into your egg whites. You want to have a snow like consistently with your salt.
- Add 1/4 cup if you need to make your salt mixture more pliable.
- Season your prime rib generously with thyme, garlic powder, granulated onion and black pepper and set aside.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet lay down a flat layer of salt large enough for your prime rib to rest on.
- Cover your prime rib completely on all sides with your salt mixture and pat down.
- Bake on 375 for 2 hours or until your meat thermometer reads 135.
- Let your prime rib rest.
- With a heavy object crack the salt crust and move to a cutting board for slicing.