Roasted Garlic Buttermilk Wedge Salad
1 head butter lettuce
1/ 4 cup toasted pepitas
2 large roasted beets
1 sliced pear
1 cup buttermilk
1/ 2 cup mayo
1/2 lemon juice (adjust to tasting)
1 bunch chopped chives
3 cloves roasted garlic
S & P to taste
- Run butter lettuce head under cold water and rinse thoroughly.
- Shake off excess water and wrap in a dish towel to chill in the fridge.
- On a baking sheet wrap beets in tin foil loosely with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until beets are soft enough to your liking.
- After beets can be pierced with a knife- peel skin and dice into 1 inch cubes.
- Dress beets with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan toast peptia seeds until lightly browned.
- Quickly remove the seeds from the pan (they will continue to cook and burn if left in the sauce pan).
- Assemble your salad- Lay down lettuce and spoon diced beets on top.
- Add toasted pepitas, gorgonzola cheese, sliced pear, dressing and chopped chives and micro greens.
Chopped Chives or Beet Micro Greens