Bacon & Cornbread Stuffing
1 sheet cornbread of your liking homemade or scratch recipe both work fine
1 LB Bacon
1 T dried sage
1 T dried thyme
2 fresh garlic cloves
1 yellow onion
2 sticks celery
1 cube butter
3 cups chicken stock
- Start by cutting your corn bread into small cubes and let them dry out on a baking sheet for a day. If they are still soft let them dry out in the oven on a low temperature until they are crispy.
- Saute finely diced yellow onion and celery in 1/2 cube of butter and a drizzle of olive oil with salt pepper until translucent.
- In a separate pan cook bacon until crispy, chop and set aside.
- Add fresh garlic dried herbs and half cube of butter to your onion celery mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl fold in toasted cornbread, chopped bacon and coat with onion herb mixture evenly.
- Set aside until cool.
- Gradually add chicken stock until stuffing is moist.
- Fold in two beaten eggs and either stuff in turkey or bake in pyrex dish for 25 minutes at 350 or until crispy on top.