Lobster Tail w/ Cognac Cream Fettuccine
2 Lobster tails shelled
1 LB fettuccine
1 shallot diced
1 clove garlic crushed
1/4 cup cognac
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
4 T olive oil
- Grab kitchen sheers and clip the lobster tail shell from the front all the way to the back of the tail.
- Pull the shell apart and pull the meat out of the shell.
- Coarsely chop lobster tail and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan saute diced shallots for 3-4 minutes in 1/2 a stick of butter and 2 T olive oil until brown.
- Add crushed garlic and cognac.
- Stir 2-3 minutes until alcohol has burned off.
- Add 1 cup of cream and bring to a soft simmer.
- Add chopped lobster tail and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt as needed and set sauce aside.
- In a separate pot of salted boiling water cook 1 LB fettuccine for 7-10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Add cooked fettuccine to your simmering sauce.
- Add remaining butter and olive oil.
- Garnish w/ red chili pepper flakes and chopped parsley.