Potato Cauliflower Gratin
5-6 medium sized Potatoes
1/2 head of Cauliflower
2 Garlic cloves
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Heavy whipping cream
2 cups half and half
Crush black pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly on mandolin.
- Trim cauliflower head and cut florets.
- Slice florets and set aside.
- Grab ceramic pot or deep dish baking sheet.
- Start by rubbing room temperature butter across pan or pot until coated.
- Sprinkle crushed garlic, red chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper and start layering potatoes and cauliflower.
- Pour half and half and heavy whipping cream over potato cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Cut remaining butter into slices and place over potato and cauliflower.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until you can easily insert a knife through potatoes and cauliflower.